Mountain of Fire Ministries clergyman beaten into a stupor by suspected members of Badoo cult

MOUNTAIN of Fire and Miracles Ministries clergyman Wale Solomon is battling for his life in a Lagos Island hospital after he was allegedly attacked by armed men suspected to be members of the Badoo cult.


Apparently, the father of three was sleeping with his family in their house on Obayemi Street, Ikorodu, when the hoodlums arrived around 2am on Saturday. The men were said to have smashed a mortar on the victim’s head and injured him on different parts of his body.

His wife was reportedly aroused from sleep by the cries of pain from her husband as she ran out of the house to call for help. Some neighbours ran to the house and found the victim in a pool of blood, with the mortar by his side and they immediately alerted policemen from the Sagamu Road Division.

Local resident, Bola Odunsi, said: “They invaded First Gate on Saturday and entered the man’s house while he was asleep with his wife and kids. They came with a big mortar, which they used to smash the man’s head.

“The noise woke up the wife and on sensing danger, she rushed out and called for help. People came out and saw the man bleeding from different parts of his body, so they rushed him to a private hospital in the area from where he was referred to General Hospital, Ikorodu.”


Policemen from the Sagamu Road Division, who were alerted by residents, arrived in the area later but could not find any of the culprits. Another resident said the pastor’s house was prone to attack because it was uncompleted and without a fence.

One suspected member of the gang was caught on Sunday by some residents and was reportedly beaten to a pulp and was about to be lynched when a traditional ruler in the community intervened and begged that he be handed over to the police. However, some members of a vigilance group, known as Onyabo, reportedly took the suspect away to an unknown place.

Police spokesman Olarinde Famous-Cole, confirmed the attack, saying the command was investigating the case. It is not clear what happened to the suspected gang member who was taken away by the vigilantes.